Saturday, December 1, 2012

Winter Meetings

Is it to early to say I have the baseball itch already? Well, it is true! I have been trying to cure my appetite for baseball by watching MLB network, and I am looking forward to the Winter Meetings. For me, this is an exciting time for the off season. Winter Meetings is where all 30 clubs, agents and media come together. This is where teams look to get better, or look to unload. The Cardinals will be looking for a middle infielder and a lefty reliever. All which they need.

ROY, CY, MVP

I will have to say I was completely satisfied on the awards this year. I thought the baseball writers did a good job...especially on AL MVP.

NL ROY: Bryce Harper, although I feel he won solely on his name. I am still okay with it.
AL ROY: Mike Trout, 110% earned this award!

NL CY: RA Dickey, a knuckleballer won the CY? I guess hell did freeze over.
AL CY: David Price, I thought Verlander would win this solely on the Tigers making it to the playoffs.

NL MVP: Buster Posey, though I was wanting Yadi to win. Buster deserved it.
AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera, Yes he deserves it over Trout. Triple Crown winner, should automatically win MVP. Although Trout did lead in a lot of categories. Unfortunately those categories don't matter. You know what does matter? AVG/HR/RBI The same categories that won Cabrera the Triple Crown.

December should be a fun month: Winter meetings, and Cardinals WWU tickets go on sale! I can not wait.
I want to remind everyone I love collecting baseball memorabilia. If you have something, tell me. Maybe we can work out a deal! Until then I'll see you around! @beebe76

No comments:

Post a Comment