Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Icon of St. Louis Passes Away

I had fun last weekend at the St. Louis Cardinals Winter Warm-Up. I had the chance to get Yadier Molina's and David Freese's autographs. I got Yadi's on a helmet and David's on a Bat. They both turned out great! I also made a big trade and was able to get Albert Pujols signed bat. I was stoked! Over all it seem to be a smaller turnout then last year. Probably because last year we were coming off a WS win!









Saturday night me, and everyone in Cardinal Nation received devastating news. Stan "The Man" Musial passed away at the age of 92. Stan was the FACE of Missouri not to mention St. Louis. I never got to watch Stan play and I never got to meet him. From what I understand he was the nicest person you could meet. He never turned down the chance to swap stories and enjoy his fans. Although I never got to meet Stan, I feel I lost someone in my family. I was devastated when I heard the news. The last true ball player of the "Golden Age," of baseball passed away. Stan, although you are in heaven, I would like to say from the bottom of my heart thank you for being the icon of St. Louis. Thank you for being a man of men. Thank you for being THE MAN. You represented St. Louis till the day you passed. I hope your playing your heart out in heaven and one day I will finally get to meet you. Goodbye Stan Musial #6

No comments:

Post a Comment