Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Kick Off to Baseball

What a night last night! Perfect weather in Missouri. Hammons Field was packed for the exhibition game last night and baseball was in the air. The vendors yelling "cold beer" and smelling the fresh cut grass, is there anything better than that? This was my first chance to get a glance at both AA Cardinals and the big league Cardinals. This game was much like any other exhibition game starters stayed in for 3 innings and the extras started to fill in. The St. louis Cardianls did end up winning 3-2. As I stated before not all of the starting nine made the trip to Springfield. I did get to watch Matt Holliday, David Freese, Tyler Greene, Daniel Descalso, Jon Jay and others.  The starting pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals was AA prospect Trevor Rosenthal. He pitched great against his teammates allowing no hits and only two walks through 4 innings of work. He is someone we might want to watch through the season.  Another prospect I will be watching in the future is Palm Beach stand out pitcher Carlos Martinez. He was was hitting triple digits on the gun, with his highest being 102mph. That's bringing the heat!


Our seats were in the first row so automatically yes I will be getting autographs. Before I start I want to begin on saying. I get autographs for my wife, son and myself. I do not sell them. I LOVE collecting sports memorabilia, especially Cardinals memorabilia.

We made out great last night, with nine baseballs signed, and a 16x20 picture signed by Matt Holliday. Only mistake I made was I did not bring the other three balls I had because I never would have thought I would have got nine balls signed! Players that signed for me were Matt Holliday, David Freese (2), Daniel Descalso, Tyler Greene, Jon Jay, Mike Matheny, Skip Schumaker, and Allen Craig. Not a bad day. Matt Carpenter and Mark McGwire signed too, but I had no balls! :)

Matt Holliday (right) stood out to me last night. He signed for at least a hour striaght before the game and then continued to sign during the fourth inning after he was finished playing. I have not seen players do that before and if there was any talk on Matt not signing that is completely not true! All of the players I mentioned before were complete professionals and treated the adults and kids with the up most respect. Thank you Matt Holliday and the other Cardinals for making my wife and I night so special!


No comments:

Post a Comment