Thursday, April 5, 2012

Opening Night

I was thrilled the Birds won last night! Plus Mike Matheny got his first win, and he showed he wasn't afraid and argue a call with the umpires. I will admit he does have a long ways to go to get "Tony-esk," but its a start!

Kyle Lohse looked great too! Throwing a no hitter into the 7th inning, he finally gave up a hit to All-Star Jose Reyes.  Fernando Salas looked solid along with Mark Rzepczynski (scrabble). Jason Motte got the save and the Cardinals can mark one up in the books. Friday afternoon the Cardinals face the Brewers. I really don't care for the Brewers so I am wishing for a sweep in Milwaukee.

As fans we should be excited, fresh off a world series title and a big win for Mike! I can not wait for the rest of the season, until next time bloggers, don't forget to follow me on twitter @beebe76

No comments:

Post a Comment